Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Life-altering Way to Swaddle an Infant

I recently gave birth to my second son and quickly learned the value of a good swaddle! My first son hated being swaddled with a passion. He preferred to have full use of his arms and would scream until I unwrapped him from his blanket. When the nurses in the hospital swaddled my newest little boy, I immediately saw how calm he became. However, I had a lot of trouble with the 'traditional' swaddling technique. Most people swaddle babies by beginning with a diagonal fold at the top corner of the blanket. My baby just kept wiggling out of his swaddle when I tried going the traditional route. Thankfully, a friend taught me how to do a 'square swaddle'. I think this technique is significantly easier to do correctly and lasts longer before the baby is able to wiggle his arms out. Here is a youtube video I found that shows how to swaddle beginning with a square blanket. I hope this works for other babies just as much as it has worked for mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment