Diapering:
cloth diapers- prefolds and diaper covers seem to work the best as far as function and affordability. I have 22 prefolds and 6 covers so I only have to do laundry about every other day.
luvs- we use disposable diapers overnight and when we will be out of the house for more than a few hours. Luvs seem to be the most affordable and the most absorbent. A win-win!
up&up wipes- The Target brand wipes can be purchased for as low as $.016 each when you are able to combine store coupons and discounts.
Clothing:
carter's onesies- the designs are cute and the cost is relatively low if you wait for sales.
kohl's brand (jumping bean)- like carter's, the designs are adorable and this brand is on sale often.
sleepers- I love the zippered sleepers, no matter the brand. Sleepers with a zipper are so much easier to put on and take off of a newborn.
swaddle blankets- I prefer the Indian cotton style blankets. They are lightweight so your baby won't get too over-heated. The designs are also very cute. I do not just use this product for swaddling. I also use it as a nursing cover and a burp cloth.
Sleeping:
fisher price rock n' play- another mom recommended this to me and my newborn has absolutely loved it. It is light-weight and can be moved around the house easily enough. The vibration option seems to keep my baby calm and soothe him to sleep.
Feeding:
I am exclusively breastfeeding my newborn, but when necessary I do pump occasionally. I have had great success with using the medela double electric breastpump. It is a little pricey, but worth it to know I have that back up. This product has worked well for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment